This Protein Trifle by Aaron Peters is a delicious, high protein alternative to shop bought options. It's perfect for sharing, or having completely to yourself on days where you need a big treat!
- 12g sugar free jelly sachet (strawberry)
- 12g sugar free jelly sachet (orange)
- 300g low fat cottage cheese
- 50g muscle mousse protein powder (chocolate)
- 100ml alpro coconut milk
- 20g smooth peanut butter
- 40g dark chocolate
- 15g of LDNM Strawberry Whey
- 100g 0% yoghurt
- 10g white chocolate
- Add the strawberry jelly powder to 250ml of boiling water, mix and leave to cool.
- Add the cottage cheese to the jelly mixture, add to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the trifle bowl (or equivalent) and leave to set in the fridge
- Place the muscle mousse protein powder to a bowl before adding the coconut milk and a splash of water – stirring until even.
- Pour the mixture on top of the cottage cheese/jelly mousse.
- Distribute the smooth peanut butter evenly upon this.
- Place in fridge so the mousse will set.
- Add half of the orange jelly sachet to 100ml of boiling water, mix and leave to cool before adding a further 100ml of cold water.
- Pour this over the now set muscle mousse layer (the orange jelly should be a more viscous consistency than usual).
Ensure all layers are completely set before progressing!
- Melt the dark chocolate using a glass bowl, saucepan and boiling water (or another method of your choice).
- Pour the melted chocolate over the orange jelly layer before placing this back in the fridge quickly.
- These two layers should form a jaffa-cake style resemblance.
- Whilst waiting for the trifle to set add the LDNM Whey to the 0% fat Greek yoghurt and mix until even.
- Place this mixture into a Ziploc bag (better yet a piping bag) and place in the fridge for 5 minutes.
- Remove the bag from the fridge and cut away a corner, before carefully squeezing the contents around the outside of the trifle pot.
- Grate the white chocolate carefully over the finished product!
Calories and macros (entire trifle):
- Calories: 981
- Protein: 105g
- Fats: 35g
- Carbohydrates: 57g
You can use a large martini or cocktail style glass here - or simply a steep sided, smaller bowl – should you not have a trifle bowl.
Have fun creating your own masterpiece(s), and be sure to tweet your protein trifles at @LDN_Muscle and use the #LDNMuscle and #LDNMeals hashtags on Instagram.