Post-Workout Protein Pancakes
This recipe is incredibly easy and can serve up to 5 people dependent on portion sizing! It is based on the 4-ingredient vegan pancakes on the blog by Arantxa Barbarin, with slightly modified portion sizing and ingredients making the cooking phase quicker for these Post-Workout Protein Pancakes.
Given the slightly higher carb and lower fat content compared to conventional pancakes, these make a perfect pre or post-workout meal. They can also simply be shared and have options like streaky bacon or nut butters added to them to up the fat content.
- 200g LDNM Oats (or rolled oats)
- 60g whey protein (I used LDNM chocolate whey)
- 350ml almond milk
- 1 banana
- Heaped teaspoon of cinnamon
- Grated nutmeg to taste
- Place oats into a food processor and blend until resembling a flour consistency.
- Add the milk and banana - blending until smooth.
- Add the whey protein powder, cinnamon and nutmeg - blending until smooth.
- Heat a frying pan on a medium heat, adding a small teaspoon of coconut oil.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the mixture slowly into the pan.
- Fry for 1-2 minutes until the edges appear cooked, and then flip – repeating on the other side.
- When nearing the serving (devouring) stage of your cooking place another smaller frying pan on a medium heat.
- Add half a teaspoon of coconut oil.
- Add a handful of blueberries and handful of raspberries.
- Saute the fruit, pushing it around until the liquids begin to leak and the mixture resembles a jam (or to your preferred consistency.
Calories and macros (serving 3):
- Calories: 380
- Protein: 21g
- Fats: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 55g
- Calories: 1142
- Protein: 63g
- Fats: 24g
- Carbohydrates: 164g
Other toppings you could trial include nut butters, protein nut butters, other berries and fruits, grated dark chocolate, low kcal/no kcal chocolate or maple/honey sauces and even bacon.
This recipe would go well with LDNM Maple Whey and can be made vegan by simply replacing the normal Whey with a vegan protein powder.
Tweet us your creations to @LDN_Muscle and remember to use the #LDNMuscle and #LDNMeals hashtags on social media!